There were at this time two inhabitants of Barnstaple called John Hunt, they being father and son. It is most likely to have been the father who served the borough in Parliament.
He died before June 1415, when his widow and his son purchased, for £8, a house opposite the guildhall and backing on to North Street. Hunt’s other property was later given by his grandson, Henry, to Master John Holman, as a benefaction to St. Anne’s chapel.
